The NAM Association Career Center showcases the career opportunities available in the manufacturing association sector while bringing top quality candidates to those associations seeking in-demand talent.
This position is a key member of the membership development sales team and is responsible for engaging with senior-level executives at small and medium-sized manufacturing companies to recruit them to membership in order to meet an annual revenue goal. Position leverages the current advocacy, legal, workforce and operations initiatives and a keen understanding of current political issues and industry intelligence to recruit prospective manufacturers into membership through a proven consultative evaluation journey.
Candidates should share the NAM’s core values and identify with the following attributes:
· Mission Driven: motivated by the greater purpose of serving our members and achieving the NAM’s objectives.
· Entrepreneurial Spirit: believes that goals can be achieved, and obstacles overcome through individual ownership of responsibilities in our portfolio.
· Intellectually Curious: seeks new experiences, searches for knowledge, and solicits candid feedback with an openness to learning and evolving.
· Professionally Rigorous: pursues opportunities that strengthen current skill set and close skill set gaps that are necessary to advance personal career path.
· Willing Pioneer:Understands the vision of what we are trying to achieve and can bring clarity to ambiguity, solutions to challenges and willing to iterate until best practices are adopted.
· Serve as a trusted advisor to senior-level executives of small and mid-sized manufacturing companies in order to recruit their companies to membership;
· Manage the entire prospect journey from qualifying through close and onboarding new members;
· Strategically manage territory of assigned prospective member companies through segmentation, qualification and prioritization;
· Develop and qualify leads to create new membership opportunities with pure prospects;
· Research prospective manufacturers business line and sector challenges to develop a sales strategy.
· Schedule first scheduled interactions with c-level contacts through outbound email and call campaigns.
· Perform initial phone pitch with prospective members and create a follow up plan that demonstrates the value proposition of membership
· Articulates knowledge of policy issues, program differentiators, industry segments and current events.
· Manage the follow up evaluation through deep-dive furthering calls on specific NAM policy issues, member-only services and/or specific programs.
· Lead the process of closing accounts with support of Vice President, Membership and NAM Leadership.
· Meet or exceed monthly and quarterly sales activity and new revenue goals.
· Coordinate a smooth transition into membership working with the assigned Account Manager.
· Identify and facility introduction of leads to other NAM revenue programs.
· Leverage Salesforce to manage pipeline and day-to-day activities.
The above list of responsibilities is representative of the position and is not intended to limit or preclude other responsibilities and tasks that may be associated with or added to the position.
· None – Individual Contributor.
· Bachelor’s degree;
· 3-5 years of experience in scheduling pitch meetings, inside sales or account management;
· Prior experience in for-profit membership, research program, advisory and/or professional services;
· Familiarity with the Challenger Sale methodology in previous roles a plus;
· Background or strong interest in politics and business policy issues is highly desirable;
· Prior political fundraising experience a plus;
· Effective and influential presentation skills;
· Ability to work a flexible schedule during high volume work periods;
· Excited to work effectively as a team member focused on team goals;
· Motivated by work in a high expectations, rapid-response and deadline-driven environment;
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Additional Salary Information: The National Association of Manufacturers (NAM) is the largest manufacturing association in the United States and one of the nation’s most influential advocates for manufacturing. By joining the NAM, you become part of a spirited and dynamic team that is driven to succeed. We recognize and reward our staff with competitive pay and annual performance based bonus programs. We offer an outstanding benefits package that includes health, dental, and vision insurance, life, short-term and long-term disability, flexible spending accounts, SmarTrip, and a 401(k) Salary Deferral plan with employer match and contributions, vacation and sick leave, complimentary on-site gym access and healthy snacks in the break room. Become part of a fast paced team passionate about keeping the United States the world leader in manufacturing.
Get involved. Make an impact. Join the NAM team.
Internal Number: 114
About National Association of Manufacturers
The National Association of Manufacturers (NAM) is the largest manufacturing association in the United States and one of the nation’s most influential advocates for manufacturing. By joining the NAM, you become part of a spirited and dynamic team that is driven to succeed. We recognize and reward our staff with competitive pay and annual performance-based bonus programs. We offer an outstanding benefits package that includes health, dental, and vision insurance, life, short-term and long-term disability, flexible spending accounts, SmarTrip, and a 401(k) Salary Deferral plan with employer match and contributions, and ample vacation and sick leave. Become part of a fast-paced team passionate about keeping the United States the world leader in manufacturing.